Pro RE Calculator users can now use the Inflation Rate Calculator to compute US inflation rates from 1913 through August 2019 because it has been updated according to the most recent government data.
You spent $5,000 for a used truck in 2005 and want to know how much money you would have to spend in August 2019 to purchase a similar vehicle. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 2005 as the starting year
- Enter $5000.00 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2019 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
Result: $6,538.31 and 31.4%.
Explanation: Due to a 31.4% increase in the U.S. inflation rate since 2005, you will currently have to spend $6,538.31 for essentially the same truck you paid $5,000 for back in 2005.
So You Know
1. The Inflation Rate calculator in Pro RE Calculator does not limit you to either the years or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 through to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. If you are a current user of Pro RE Calculator, the Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate.
3. Learn more: Pro RE Calculator…