Annual U.S. Inflation Up Again in August.
Government data released on September 14 shows U.S. annual inflation for August up but slowing some. Pro RE Calculator updated its Inflation Rate calculator accordingly.
Let’s say you purchased one-week stay at a local spa for $4,500 in 1988. Now, in 2021, you are considering to purchase the same-type spa package and are wondering how much money you will have to spend due to inflation. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1988 as the starting year
- Enter 4500 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2021 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
RESULT: $10,434.45 and 131.9%.
Explanation: Due to a cumulative 131.9% increase in the U.S. annual inflation rate since 1988, you will have to spend $10,434.45 to purchase essentially same spa package.
Note You can watch a video presentation of the inflation rate calculator in action here: Watch a sample inflation rate calculation
1. The Inflation Rate Calculator does not limit you either to the years, or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. Pro RE Calculator users never pay for updates. The Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. You do nothing.
So You Know
The Inflation Rate Calculator is just one of 62 online calculators included in Pro RE Calculator. Visit the ProAPOD website and check them all out by clicking Products > Pro RE Calculator, or simply click here: Pro RE Calculator