Annual U.S. Inflation Climbs Again in July.
According to the government data released Wednesday, August 11, 2021 the U.S. annual inflation remains at a near 13-year high, and Pro RE Calculator has updated its Inflation Rate calculator accordingly.
Let’s say you purchased a clean used car with low mileage in 1990 for $3,500. Now, in 2021, you are considering to purchase the same-type used car and are wondering how much money you will have to spend due to inflation. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1990 as the starting year
- Enter 3500 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2021 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
RESULT: $7,345.72 and 109.9%.
Explanation: Due to a cumulative 109.9% increase in the U.S. annual inflation rate since 1990, you will have to spend $7,345.72 to purchase essentially same make, model, mileage and condition.
Note You can watch a video presentation of the inflation rate calculator in action here: Watch a sample inflation rate calculation
1. The Inflation Rate Calculator does not limit you either to the years, or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. Pro RE Calculator users never pay for updates. The Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. You do nothing.
So You Know
The Inflation Rate Calculator is just one of 62 online calculators included in Pro RE Calculator. Visit the ProAPOD website and check them all out by clicking Products > Pro RE Calculator, or simply click here: Pro RE Calculator