November Rate of Inflation at a 39-year High
U.S. consumers paid more (again) for a broad range of goods and services, driving our annual inflation rate to its highest point since 1982 according to government data released Dec. 10. Pro RE Calculator updated its Inflation Rate calculator accordingly.
According to your father, in 1933 he was given $25.00 by your grandfather. You want to know how much that would equate to if you were going to make a similar monetary gift to your grandson today in 2021. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1933 as the starting year
- Enter 25 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2021 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
RESULT: $534.52 and 2038.1%.
Explanation: Due to a cumulative increase in the U.S. annual inflation rate since 1933 of 2038.1%, you will have to spend $534.52 to award a similar gift today in 2021.
Note You can watch a video presentation of the inflation rate calculator in action here: Watch a sample inflation rate calculation
1. The Inflation Rate Calculator does not limit you either to the years, or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. Pro RE Calculator users never pay for updates. The Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. You do nothing.
So You Know
The Inflation Rate Calculator is just one of 62 online calculators included in Pro RE Calculator. Visit the ProAPOD website and check them all out by clicking Products > Pro RE Calculator, or simply click here: Pro RE Calculator