U.S. Rate of Inflation Sky Rockets
Americans paid more for food, rent, vehicles and gas prices resulting in the highest rate of inflation since 1990 per government data released Nov. 10. Pro RE Calculator updated its Inflation Rate calculator accordingly.
In 1952 your parents bought you a bike for $35.00. You want to know how much you would have to spend if you could buy that same bike for your grandson today in 2021. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1952 as the starting year
- Enter 35 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2021 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
RESULT: $365.31 and 943.7%.
Explanation: Due to a cumulative increase in the U.S. annual inflation rate since 1952 of 943.7%, you will have to spend $365.31 to purchase that same bike today in 2021.
Note You can watch a video presentation of the inflation rate calculator in action here: Watch a sample inflation rate calculation
1. The Inflation Rate Calculator does not limit you either to the years, or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. Pro RE Calculator users never pay for updates. The Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. You do nothing.
So You Know
The Inflation Rate Calculator is just one of 62 online calculators included in Pro RE Calculator. Visit the ProAPOD website and check them all out by clicking Products > Pro RE Calculator, or simply click here: Pro RE Calculator