ProAPOD has updated the Inflation Rate Calculator in Pro RE Calculator in accordance with government figures published Oct. 13. That means that users can now compute US annual inflation rates from 1913 through September 2020.
You spent $500 for college books in 1964 and want to know how much money you would have to spend in September 2020 to make that same purchase for books today. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1964 as the starting year
- Enter $500 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2020 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
Result: $4,198.06 and 739.6%.
Explanation: Due to a 739.6% increase in the U.S. annual inflation rate since 1964, you will currently have to spend $4,198.06 for the same college books you purchased back in 1964 for $500.
So You Know
1. The Inflation Rate calculator in Pro RE Calculator does not limit you to either the years or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 through to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. If you are a current user of Pro RE Calculator, the Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. You do nothing.
3. The Inflation Rate Calculator is just one of 62 online calculators included in Pro RE Calculator.
4. Learn more: Pro RE Calculator…