U.S. Inflation Accelerated in September
Americans paid more for food, rent, new vehicles and other items per government data released Wednesday, Oct. 13, and Pro RE Calculator updated its Inflation Rate calculator accordingly.
Let’s say you took your family to the Grand Canyon on a two-week vacation in 1972 for $2,200. Now, in 2021, you would like to determine what that vacation would cost due to inflation. Here are the steps:
- Login to Pro RE Calculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1972 as the starting year
- Enter 2200 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2021 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
RESULT: $14,437.37 and 556.2%.
Explanation: Due to a cumulative 556.2% increase in the U.S. annual inflation rate since 1990, you will have to spend $14,437.37 to conduct that same vacation in 2021.
Note You can watch a video presentation of the inflation rate calculator in action here: Watch a sample inflation rate calculation
1. The Inflation Rate Calculator does not limit you either to the years, or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. Pro RE Calculator users never pay for updates. The Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. You do nothing.
So You Know
The Inflation Rate Calculator is just one of 62 online calculators included in Pro RE Calculator. Visit the ProAPOD website and check them all out by clicking Products > Pro RE Calculator, or simply click here: Pro RE Calculator