The Inflation Rate Calculator included in ProAPOD’s iCalculator real estate calculators program has been updated to reflect the latest US government CPI data released on Thursday, September 14. With this update iCalculator users can now use the inflation rate calculator to compute US inflation rates from 1913 through August 2017.
You spent $1,500 on a family vacation back in 1977 and are curious to know how much money you would have to spend in August 2017 to have the same buying power for similar goods and services. Here are the steps:
- Login to iCalculator
- Select the category Time Value
- Open the Inflation Rate calculator
- Select 1977 as the starting year
- Enter $1500.00 as the dollar amount spent
- Select 2017 as the ending year
- Click Calculate
Result: $6,077.20 and 305.1%.
Explanation: Due to a 305.1% increase in the U.S. inflation rate since 1977, you will currently have to spend $6,077.20 for essentially the same vacation you enjoyed for $1,500 back in 1977.
So You Know
1. The Inflation Rate calculator in iCalculator does not limit you to either the years or the amount you want to compute. You can select any starting year from 1913 through to the present, and enter any dollar amount you wish.
2. If you are a current user of iCalculator, the Inflation Rate calculator will automatically reflect this latest update the next time you calculate. Learn more about iCalculator…